Reginald Primrose


Hippie love child, punk teenager, pre mid-life crisis victim

I shall the effect of this good lesson keep, As watchman to my heart. But, good my brother, Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven; Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads, And recks not his own rede.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm still your fan


I've been waiting a week to see Stephen Colbert's performance at the White House Correspondents dinner. But damn't the Prez stole the show by speaking alongside George Bush impersonater, Steve Bridges. The prez got the laughs but Colbert got dead pan stares from the audience with lines like:

"When the president decides something on Monday, he still believes it on Wednesday - no matter what happened Tuesday"

"I stand by this man. I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers and rubble and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message, that no matter what happens to America, she will always rebound with the most powerfully staged photo ops in the world."

"I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least. And by these standards, we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

Great jokes just the wrong audience. Transcript and video

Posted by ME :: 3:54 PM :: (full post) 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------