Reginald Primrose


Hippie love child, punk teenager, pre mid-life crisis victim

I shall the effect of this good lesson keep, As watchman to my heart. But, good my brother, Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven; Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads, And recks not his own rede.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

NY painters set finished

My Flickr photo set of NY painters is finished, it took forever to assemble. Of course Painter has done the real work of putting together the collection on that blog. I like how the set displays things like a contact sheet and the slideshow of the set kicks ass! No I dont plan on organizing them alphabetically but I plan on collecting every piece done by the painters. Your help in locating photos of pieces on the internet is greatly appreciated. Leave the link in a comment please.

My favorite painters:
Favorite #1

This painter's work stands alone in the collection. I revere non-conformists. The work fits perfectly in our computer dominated society. A testament of our era. I would like to see a further exploration of the interchange between the virtual world and the real world.

Favorite #2

An anachronistic landscaped world permeated by psychological intrigue is what the doctor ordered. More explorations into the innerworld of the mind made manifest on the horizon PLEASE! Joy, sorrow, anger, depression, etc.... are all for the taking. I'm sorry I cant say more but I'm not very skilled as an art critic.

Favorite #3

Unfortunately I learned of this painter a little too late. More will be posted in the set soon. What I have seen blow my mind. A painter of grandiose vision. I would like to see the painter challenge the masters, Michelangelo, Botticelli, etc's vision against today's views regarding gender, equality, faith... This painter is the one who could pull it off successfully!

[Editorial correction: This painter is ALREADY pulling of challenging the masters]

Favorite #4

Everyone likes this painter and for good reason. The work is intoxicating.

Favorite #5

There is just something other worldly going with this painter's mind.

And there is more of course.

Posted by ME :: 12:15 PM :: (full post) 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------