Reginald Primrose


Hippie love child, punk teenager, pre mid-life crisis victim

I shall the effect of this good lesson keep, As watchman to my heart. But, good my brother, Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven; Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads, And recks not his own rede.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Franklin Carmichael

I have a collection of Frederick Stanley Haines paintings. My grandmother said he was "Uncle Fred the famous painter". Very little more was said about him and the paintings. The other day I came across a photograph of him with two other men. The photograph is unlabled but thanks to the internet I am beginning to learn their identities. Fred Haines is on the left I think, Franklin Carmichael is in the middle (probably not) and hopefully I'll learn who the man on the right is.
My father disagrees he swears the man in the middle is his grandfather Bertram.

Photos of Franklin Carmichael from the internet:









I always have to walk the streets in a costume (picked up that habit from my grandfather), so I have been putting together a wardrobe of turn of the century fashion like theirs. Feels manly to dress this way.

Posted by ME :: 10:40 AM :: (full post) 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------